Thursday 13 December 2007

Almost a year

Didn't really get into this blogging thing after starting it up. Hard to believe it has been almost a year since my first and only post. Guess it should be updated more often. Lots has happened in the past year.

Erik has started back to school in Vancouver. Sean has been living with us as has his girlfriend Aiko, who has had to go back to Japan a couple of weeks ago because her visa expired. Sean is working at a little plant in Cowley that paints siding. Paddy is still at the bank.

I have seen a number of changes in the last year. I started up a guide service this past spring Crowsnest on the Fly. Check the website even though I am not really doing it much. This summer I was offered and accepted a job with Bridgecreek Development Corporation. So I am now gainfully employed. Inspite of a nasty smear campaign launched against me, because of my new job, I was succesful in my bid for re-election to municipal council. Just after the municipal elections I was asked to seek the Progressive Conservative nomination vacated by Dave Coutts. After considerable thought I decided to give it a try. We ran a good campaign for the three weeks we had and ended up selling the second most memberships but we were unable to beat the reeve of Willow Creek who had been campaigning for the past 4 years. Even though nomination campaigns are all about selling memberships and getting them out to vote I doubt Southern Alberta was ready for a Tory as red as me. In response to a question at the Fort Macleod forum regarding conservative values I answered "As far as socially, I would be the reddest of the red tories. The history of western civilization is one of the struggle that all people be treated equally under the law. I would work to continue on that progressive path". I doubt very much that was the response the woman asking or the assembly wanted to hear.

Well that would be the quick and dirty for the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment